Showing posts with label gold. Show all posts
Showing posts with label gold. Show all posts

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Client Project: Pair of Dressers

A previous client recently purchased a pair of dressers to use as nightstands in her master bedroom.  She new exactly what she wanted, the dressers done in a semi gloss white finish with a gold accent that would feature the unique lines of the pieces.

Before



The original hardware was in pretty rough shape, but with some Bar Keepers Friend and a damp paper towel the results were perfect!


After


We chose to use Benjamin Moore's Advance line in the color Mayonnaise.  The white has a warmth to it that really works well with the gold/brass accents.  We were playing around with where to add the gold outline, and are very pleased with the result of choosing the inlay around the drawers




These dressers are going to work perfectly as nightstands with deep drawers and a durable, long lasting finish.

Thank you,
Shannon and Danielle



Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Client Project: Cottage Dining Set Restoration

Our most recent client project is ready for reveal and we have been so excited to share this transformation with you guys! I love when a client comes to Bloom. with a big project that needs a lot of work. Because once all of that hard work is complete and the piece is looking all shiny and new, my reward is the look of surprise and happiness that always lights up a client's face. This project was no exception.

A client came to Bloom. wanting a complete makeover on this fantastic vintage dining set for their family's summer estate in Eastern Michigan. The table had been painted a few times before, and after years of minimal upkeep had transformed into a less-than-chic, shabby and tattered piece of furniture. Let's take a look at the Befores:






The client requested a new stain for the table top, crisp white on table bottom and chairs and wanted stately plaid for the cushions. We could not wait to see the black vinyl seats go! Fabric was sourced online and shipped in. While we waited, the table and chairs were sprayed via HVLP spray application in a semi-gloss white. The table top was stripped and stained in a dark walnut and sealed using a gloss polyurethane. Because the table leg tips and chair tips were metal, Bloom. suggested a shiny gold-dipped look using a metallic paint. Once the fabric arrived, each chair cushion was reupholstered and assembled.

Everything came together wonderfully and we could not be more pleased with the results:















What a transformation! Thanks so much for reading!

Bloom. Restorations is happy to offer free consultations to interested clients. Please contact us at Bloom8281@gmail.com or via Facebook to learn more. We provide attentive care and consideration to each and every piece of furniture our clients place in our hands. Every client is provided a private Pinterest page to ensure that both Bloom. and the client are on the same page in terms of project inspiration and direction. We are happy to offer delivery services and currently accept cash, check and PayPal. If you have a piece of furniture that you'd like to see Bloom, we'd love to talk about it! Contact us today!



Monday, July 6, 2015

How to: Scalloped Feature Wall

WOW, what a difference this simple, inexpensive project has made!  
We have painted almost every wall in every room of our house, except this small hallway.  I was really looking to make a statement somewhere in the house, and I have played it safe with most of the rooms, this small space seemed perfect for a feature!

I was planning to do a more elaborate design, but after finding Classy Clutter's great tutorial my mind was changed and the project began.  

Supplies Needed:
Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pen - Gold Metallic
12in diameter template

I took a 12in diameter lid that I had in the cupboard and at the halfway mark, used a black sharpie to indicate on both edges the sides of the scallop.  I used painters tape to adhere a small level to the lid.  The level was only needed for the top row on each wall, but it also doubled as a handle for the rest of the project!  I also took a piece of 12"x12" craft paper and made another template for areas that couldn't accommodate the plastic lid (I had to make a few as the marker would wet the paper and on some areas transferred onto the wall).  My walls are 8ft+, the entire project took me 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

I LOVE this transformation!

xoxo - Danielle